Waxing is an intimate experience, but one that is gratifying to many. At Premier Hair Removal , we want your body waxing experience to not only be the absolute best, but for you to achieve results. It is recommended that you come in every 4-6 weeks. Doing this will allow your skin to acclimate to waxing, slow your hair growth, and maintain better results between treatments. For more details, ask about our promotions and specials.
Personal hygiene rules! Please bathe and or freshen up before your Brazilian, bikini or body wax treatment.
Skip the lotions and potions! Do not apply self tanners, body sprays, deodorants and other topical creams before your appointment.
Let it grow out! If you have been shaving, allow a minimum of 2-3 weeks or ¼ inch of hair growth.
Schedule your wax 2-3 days before beach and poolside jaunts if you plan to sun bathe.
Avoid heat. No tanning beds, hot tubs and saunas before your appointment.
Exfoliate! Exfoliating the area gently 24 hours before your appointment will remove the dead skin cells and allow for a cleaner wax.
Keep Calm. Come early and sip a cup of tea to relax or request a complimentary application of numbing cream before your Brazilian.
Be comfy. Wear loose comfortable clothing to prevent irritation after waxing.
Everyone reacts differently to waxing. If this is your first time, it is important to take precaution.
Heightened sensitivity may be experienced in the area waxed for the next 24-48 hours.
Avoid heat. No tanning, sun bathing, hot tubs or saunas for 48 hours after your treatment. Since a layer of dead skin cells have been removed, sun and or heat exposure can burn the skin.
No hot baths or exercising for 2 hours following your treatment.
Apply a cold compress to sooth the skin if you experience sensitivity or irritation after your treatment. Hydro-cortisone cream also reduces the redness and irritation following your treatment.
Exfoliate daily 48 hours after your treatment. We offer a nice selection of exfoliating products to help you maintain your wax and eliminate ingrown hairs. Try our ingrown hair/breakout serums or our mild natural sugar scrubs.
If your skin is sensitive, body waxing may result in minor breakouts. Waxing causes the temporary enlargement of the hair follicles that can allow bacteria residing on the skin, to enter the enlarged follicles and cause skin infections. If an infection is noted, it should be evaluated and treated by a doctor as soon as possible. That is why it is important to take proper care of your skin following a wax treatment.
At Premier Hair Removal, all instruments are sanitized and we enforce a strict “no double dipping” policy, meaning that we never dip the same applicator in the vat of wax once it has been used. here.
PRE-TREATMENT CARE INSTRUCTIONS
• Avoid tanning or any sun exposure for 4 to 6 weeks before treatment by applying sunscreen or wearing protective clothing
• Do not wax or have any electrolysis 6 weeks prior to first treatment or during the treatment process in the treated area
• If the pigment in your skin is dark, you may be asked to use bleaching cream in the treated ares
• Shave the area the day before of your treatment
• Please inform esthetician of any photo-sensitive medications you are taking (i.e. antibiotics, Retin-A, St Johns Wort, Accutane, etc.)
POST-TREATMENT CARE INSTRUCTIONS
• Avoid sun and apply sunscreen to treated area for at least two weeks following treatment. Use a sunscreen of SPF 30 or higher on treated area for 6 weeks following each treatment
• Shortly after treatment, areas may be tender, slightly red and/or swollen. This usually dissipates within a few hours following treatment. If swelling occurs, apply an ice pack for 15 minutes to affected area.
• No abrasive scrubbing in the treated area for 3 to 4 days following treatment. Avoid direct and indirect heat (such as hot showers, blow dryers, etc) in the treated area
• Treated area can be shaved or clipped. DO NOT WAX, tweeze or have electrolysis in this area during the entire treatment process.
• Some shedding or extrusion of treated area will occur 2 to 4 weeks following treatment
• In the worst case scenario, crusting, and scabbing may occur. Do not pick or remove scabs that may appear, as this could cause scarring. If the area begins to itch, an oral antihistamine may be taken 1 to 3 days if required
• Do not irritate treated area chemically or mechanically for 7 to 10 days following each treatment
• Make-up can be applied lightly following treatment. Please talk with the esthetician concerning any questions about make-up.